People have to admit that social media has become a major way for people to get to know each other or get an impression of each other in today’s society. People’s perceptions of each other are based on what they post, how they communicate, the style of photos they take and the content of their photos, and these perceptions are their first impressions of the other person. Instead of being a hobby for a few people in the past, social media has become the mainstream tool of communication in today’s society. People are using social media apps and platforms to communicate with friends as well as employers. In other words, social media is gradually blurring the gap between what is used in the workplace and what is used in one’s personal life.

As media software users, it has become a lesson for us to identify our social identities on different social media platforms. How do we map our social media usage? How can we be aware of our participation in different programs? We will use the Digital Visitors and Residents App as a tool to help us think about the relationship between social media profiles and software engagement.

l found a cute tool can let us do that ! Why don’t you try the Digital Visitors and Residents App?

The picture above is an example I made myself. I looked for software that I use frequently and shared it according to how often I use it in my work environment, my personal space and at other times. Let’s think about this, it shows how we are used to connecting different media and environments in order to organize our lives. Alternatively, when we receive information from these media and platforms, we habitually enter new modes. These modes can be work mode, study mode, entertainment mode or leisure mode.
Try your own quiz! I look looking forward to your map!